The City operates, maintains, and schedules various parks, athletic fields/courts, and facilities. The City’s athletic fields/courts are through a joint use agreement with the La Canada Unified School District and one with Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to operate their field. Through these agreements, the City can provide field space to the various community sports groups for soccer, football, baseball, softball, etc.
The City’s six municipal parks offer a wide variety of recreational opportunities. All parks are on a first-come, first-serve basis. However, Memorial Park can be reserved with a park permit at least 30 days prior for residents and 60 days prior for non-residents.
Please remember, the following activities are prohibited at parks and athletic fields:
- Stacking the ground
- Vehicles on the park
- Recreational Sporting Activities (without the express written permission by the City)
- Hitting golf balls and baseballs
- Open flame grills
- Inflatable Jumpers except at Memorial Park
- Any activity which can put the public in danger
PERMIT REQUIRED FOR ORGANIZED TEAM PLAY
Effective June 2, 2021, all organized team play as defined by §5.24 of the Municipal Code will require a permit for any use
“Organized team play” means persons gathered in a park/designated recreational facility engaging in one or more of the following activities:
- A practice, drill or other activity, overseen by a supervisor or coach, for the purpose of facilitating the development of skills in a recreational, club or sport activity; or
- A game or contest consisting of two or more teams, with a total of eleven (11) or more participants; or
- A game or contest consisting of two or more teams regardless of number of participants, with uniforms or identifying apparel of competitors, and/or referees/coaches.
Organized Team Play One Time Use Permits
Reservations can be made no less than 72hour in advance for residents and no less than 60 business days in advance for non-residents.
Organized Team Play Recurring Use Permits
Reservations can be made no less than 30 business days in advance for residents and no less than 60 business days in advance for non-residents. (NOTE: there are currently no availability for recurring use permits)
REQUEST FOR REFUNDS
Facility rentals including park reservations may be canceled for a full refund with a written cancellation notice received 30 days prior for residents and 60 days prior for non-residents. All other cancellations will be non-refundable.