Administration Frequently Asked Questions

Administration Frequently Asked Questions2020-05-18T12:07:47-07:00

General FAQs

When do Council Meetings occur?2019-08-22T03:17:01-07:00

City Council has regular meetings every second and fourth Tuesday of the month.

What should I do if I encounter a wild animal?2019-08-22T03:16:54-07:00

Wild animals should be treated with caution. If you encounter wild animals, please stay away. Please review helpful tips and resources when it comes to wild animals. Once you are safely away, you may contact the Pasadena Humane Society at (626) 792-7151.

I’m interested in forming a Neighborhood Watch Group; what steps do I need to take to get started?2019-08-22T03:20:31-07:00

To initiate or revitalize your Neighborhood Watch Group, please contact the Crescenta Valley Sheriff’s Station at 818- 248-3464.

How to comment on an agenda item?2019-09-02T13:47:21-07:00

Please review our public engagement section to understand an open meeting forum.

How do I reach the Council?2019-08-22T03:16:11-07:00

You may email the city council as a group or individually from the City Council page.

How do I reach the code enforcement officer?2019-08-22T03:17:59-07:00

You may contact code enforcement by email at codeenforcement@lcf.ca.gov or by phone: 818-790-8881

How do I apply for the Dial-A-Ride service? What areas does the service cover?2019-08-27T21:09:13-07:00

To register, please complete a Dial-A-Ride application and return it to the Administration Department at City Hall by either mail or in person.

Dial-a-Ride is a curb-to-curb rideshare service which provides transportation within the cities of La Cañada Flintridge, Glendale, and Pasadena (west of Lake Avenue), and in the County unincorporated communities of La Crescenta, Montrose, and Altadena.

Does the City offer bee removal services?2019-08-22T03:17:34-07:00

Bees and hives on private property can be removed by hiring a bee control service company. If you observe a bee problem on public property, please contact the Public Works Department at 818-790-8882

Does the City have regulations for dogs and cats on city parks or trails?2019-08-22T03:18:58-07:00

Yes, dogs/cats are allowed throughout the City as long as they are on a leash no longer than six feet and are in full control of their custodian.

Do you offer tours of City Hall for youth groups and students, etc.?2019-08-22T03:20:10-07:00

The City offers tours to classes and youth groups. If you are an instructor or youth leader, please call City Hall at 818-790-8880 to schedule a tour.

Can I pay for an invoice over the phone?2019-08-22T03:18:30-07:00

The City does not accept payments over the phone. For planning, building, and public works permit invoices. You may pay remotely by credit or debit card through the ConnectLCF portal. Please review the Paying Invoice instruction sheet. For all other invoices, you may pay in person or by mail to the address on the invoice. The City accepts cash, check or money orders as payment for all invoices.

Public Records Request FAQs

How long does it take to receive or view public records?2019-08-22T03:24:14-07:00

Under the Public Records Act, the City has ten (10) calendar days to respond to any request for public documents by indicating whether the records exist and/or making the records available.

How do I request public records, including copies of permits, licenses, etc.?2022-05-26T16:09:55-07:00

You must complete a Request for Public Records form. For more information, please visit the Public Records request on our website or contact the City Clerk’s Office.

Licensing & Permitting FAQs

Why do I need to purchase vehicle decals?2019-08-22T03:26:19-07:00

Vehicle decals allow law enforcement to know which contractor has a current City business license. If no vehicle decal is displayed, the driver may be cited for failing to comply with the City’s regulations.

What types of activities require a business license?2020-06-01T14:28:18-07:00

Business activities that are conducted, carried on, managed or operated within the City, whether done by the owner, or by means of an officer, agent, manager, employee, etc. are required to obtain a business license.

What is the process for obtaining a business license?2019-08-22T03:25:23-07:00

You can obtain a business license by visiting the Business Licenses webpage, or you can apply in person at City Hall.

What are the prorated fees and what dates are they effective?2020-05-16T07:26:08-07:00

July-Sept: Normal rate of Generals- $160/ Sub-Contractors $90/ Homeowner as Contractor $75

Oct-Dec: Generals- $120/ Sub-Contractors $67.50/ Homeowner as Contractor $56.25

Jan-March: Generals- $80/ Sub-Contractors $45/ Homeowner as Contractor $37.50

April-June: Generals- $40/ Sub-Contractors $22.5/ Homeowner as Contractor $18.75

How long is the license effective for?2020-05-16T07:29:56-07:00

We run on a fiscal year, therefore our license all expire June 30th of every year.

How long are the turn-arounds for business licenses?2019-08-22T03:25:42-07:00

During the renewal period, it can take up to four weeks to process your application. During the non-renewal period, an application will be processed within a week.

How do I find out if a business has a license?2019-08-22T03:24:49-07:00

The Business License Division can verify a single business over the phone or at the counter. For multiple verifications, you will need to submit a Public Records Request to the City Clerk’s Office.

How can I cancel my business license?2020-05-27T16:29:05-07:00

Use the cancellation form on the Business License page.

Does the City require owners to license their dogs?2021-04-07T15:49:17-07:00

Yes, the City requires owners to license their dogs annually. Dogs must be four months of age or older and have had their rabies vaccination. To renew or obtain a dog license, please click here.

Does the City have copies of building permits online?2019-08-22T03:27:01-07:00

You can access building permit information on City’s website via ConnectLCF. Please check our guide for searching a record.

Do you serve La Crescenta or Montrose?2020-05-16T07:29:04-07:00

No, we only provide business licenses for The City of La Cañada Flintridge. For La Crescenta or Montrose, please contact either City of Glendale or Los Angeles County (this is dependent on your jurisdiction).

Do I have to pay for the whole year?2020-05-16T07:31:05-07:00

Yes, if you are a business (not an out of city contractor) you must pay the whole year.

Do all business get prorated?2020-05-16T07:27:11-07:00

No, just Contractors out of City jurisdiction.

Can I pay for my business license over the phone or online?2020-05-30T22:41:07-07:00

For security reason, the City does not accept payments over the phone.  You may pay for your business license online using the invoice number.

Parking Restrictions & Citation FAQs

My street has parking restrictions; how do I apply for a residential parking permit?2021-12-16T08:48:24-08:00

If your street has parking restrictions, you may apply to obtain parking permits through the Administration Department page of the website. Parking permits are valid for only the street the resident lives on. Permits are valid for one calendar year (January 1st to December 31st) and will need to be renewed annually.

How do I pay for or appeal to a parking citation?2022-02-25T17:16:28-08:00

Parking citations can then be paid via telephone, online, or mail. You can call to pay a citation at (800)989-2058. You can pay online at www.CitationProcessingCenter.com, or you may send in a citation payment via mail to:

City of La Cañada Flintridge
c/o Citation Processing Center
P.O. Box 10479
NewPort Beach, CA 92658-0479

Employment Opportunity FAQs

What is the minimum wage for City Hall employees?2019-08-22T03:37:21-07:00

The City uses the Department of Industrial Relations minimum wage standard.

How may I get a copy of the salary resolution?2020-07-23T17:55:57-07:00

You may request a paper copy of the City’s established Salary Resolution by submitting a public records request.  You may also get a digital copy here.

Does the City have any employment, intern positions, or volunteer opportunities available?2019-08-22T03:37:04-07:00
Go to Top