The City of La Cañada Flintridge Municipal Code (LCFMC) Section 6.16.010 mandates that:
No person shall engage in any business for which a business license is required without having taken out the proper license as prescribed in the business code and without complying with all regulations applicable to the business.

Before applying for a business license, you must register and create an account on the City’s ConnectLCF online portal.

You may renew your business license beginning July 1st. To do so, please log into your ConnectLCF dashboard and under, “My License” select “Renew.”

A Contractor license is required for contractors and subcontractors who conduct work in the City. When a property owner is being issued a building permit as an owner/builder, per LCFMC Section 6.20.050, a business license for Contractor based in City of La Canada Flintridge (Includes Homeowner as Contractor)” is required.

An annual Service/Professional” business license is required.

This Bill became effective January 1, 2020. It mandates that a person applying to a city or county for a new or renewed business license demonstrate enrollment in a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) stormwater permit, if such a permit is required. Prior to the issuance or renewal of a business license, the city or county determines whether any of the primary Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) codes provided by the business are potentially regulated by the NPDES General Permit for Storm Water Discharges Associated with Industrial Activities (Industrial General Permit). For further information click HERE.

Starting January 1, 2021, Assembly Bill 1607 requires the prevention of gender-based discrimination of business establishments. A full notice is available in English or other languages by clicking HERE.


  • California Department of Tax and Fee Administration:Retail business owners in California must register with the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) and pay the State’s sales tax which applies to all retail sales of goods and merchandise except those sales specifically exempted by law. To learn more, visit:
  • CalGold: Business owners, visit the CalGold website at: for assistance in locating the appropriate permit information for your business. Contact information can also be found for various agencies that administer and issue permits, including those for cities, counties, and various other departments.       
Apply for a New License
Renewing a Business License
Transfer a License to a New Owner
Making Changes to My License Information
Cancel/Inactivate My License
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Search for a Business License
List of Licensed Contractors
Solicitation Permit
Sidewalk Vending Application