Public Works Frequently Asked Questions

Public Works Frequently Asked Questions2019-09-03T17:57:32-07:00

General FAQs

Which Water company serves my residence?2019-09-03T17:53:51-07:00

Please review our water district map.

When will the City trim the City Trees?2019-09-03T17:50:36-07:00

In an effort to preserve and continuously maintain trees to industry standards in the public right-of-way, the City has a 5-Year Grid Trimming Program in place. The program ensures that all City Trees in the public right-of-way are trimmed at least once every five years. This ensures that all trees remain healthy, while maintaining an aesthetically pleasing look throughout the City.

What is needed for an encroachment permit? And how do I pull the permit?2022-05-26T16:21:29-07:00

You may apply for an encroachment permit through the City’s online permitting system (ConnectLCF). Please review the submittal requirements prior to applying (also available from ConnectLCF portal).

How do I get my address refreshed on my curb?2019-09-03T17:48:46-07:00

The City will repaint address numbers as part of the slurry seal/street resurface interval program. If needed sooner, residents have the option of repainting their curb address number themselves or paying a vendor to the perform the work. If a vendor is engaged to perform this work, they must obtain a City business license and follow the attached standards.

How do I arrange trash service in the City?2019-09-03T17:41:36-07:00

Residential curbside trash/recycling/green waste pickup service can be arranged through any one of the following three waste haulers authorized by the City of La Cañada Flintridge:

NASA Services – (888) 888-0388
Athens Services – (888) 336-6100
Allied Waste (owned by Republic) – (888) 742-5234

How do I arrange for a bulky item pickup (including electronic waste)?2019-09-03T17:42:48-07:00

All residents of La Cañada Flintridge can participate in two free citywide bulky item pickups per year, one in May and one in November. Items eligible for pickup include any large items like furniture or appliances, as well as electronic waste and bundled or tied—not bagged—green waste. (Household hazardous waste and construction & demolition debris are not accepted.) Residents are also able to call for two additional “on-call” bulky item pickups per year at no charge. Call your waste hauler for more information.

How can I properly dispose of Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)?2020-11-03T15:57:52-08:00

Residents of La Cañada Flintridge are eligible to drop off Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) at the Glendale Environmental Management Center at 780 Flower Street on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 9:00am to 1:00pm. (A maximum of 15 gallons of liquid or 125 lbs. of solid hazardous waste are allowed per visit.) Please bring identification that shows your LCF address.
Additionally, S.A.F.E. Collection Centers run by Los Angeles County are available Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00am to 1:00pm. Call 800-98-TOXIC (800-988-6942) for more details.

Go to Top