On December 20, 2020, the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health (LAC DPH) issued a revision to the “Temporary Targeted Safer at Home Health Officer Order for Control of COVID-19”. The revision outlines the following:
- In-person faith-based services and practices at a Place of Worship may resume. The number of persons on site at any time shall be reduced as needed to permit compliance with physical distancing and infection control requirements. All attendees must wear a face covering or mask over both the nose and mouth at all times while in attendance and when walking near or past non-household members, whether indoors or outdoors.
- The protocols do not obligate Places of Worship to resume any in-person activity, rather it is strongly recommended that they continue to facilitate outdoor or remote services.
- Faith-based organizations holding in-person services must follow the Public Health Places of Worship Protocols in Appendix F.
- Personal Care Services such as hair salons, nail salons, barbershops skin care, tanning, and massage therapy (in non-healthcare settings) are to remain closed. This does not include medical massage that is done based on a referral by a physician or chiropractor.
- Non-Retail Lower-Risk Businesses (manufacturing and logistics) must meet all other requirements of the physical distancing protocol. All employees must wear a face covering or mask over both the nose and mouth at all times while present at work. A face covering must be worn when employees are or can be in contact with or walking near or past others who are non-household members in both public and private places, whether indoors or outdoors.
To view the full County Health Order, please see the attached.
The City of La Canada Flintridge continues to support the directives issued by DPH and encourages all of our residents to comply with the social (physical) distancing measures and the use of face coverings whenever interacting with persons outside of your personal household.
A special e-mail address has been established to respond to concerns or questions from the community regarding the City’s response to the current crisis. Please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and the City will respond to you.