Due to the surge in COVID-19 cases throughout Los Angeles County, on Wednesday, November 25, 2020, the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health (DPH) issued a revision to the “Safer at Work and in the Community for Control of COVID-19” Health Order. The revised order, effective immediately, requires the following:
- Restaurants, breweries and wineries may only offer food and beverage via take-out, drive-thru or delivery. Wineries and breweries may continue their retail operations. These limitations are effective November 25 through December 17, 2020.
- Gatherings and activities conducted outside the residence with members of other households cease between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- The order does not prevent any number of persons from the same household from leaving their residence as long as they do not engage in any interaction with (or otherwise gather with) any number of persons from any other household, except as permitted in the order.
The following businesses must cease indoor/in-person operations from the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. from November 25, 2020 through December 21, 2020:
- Lower-Risk Businesses (e.g. retailers, manufacturing and logistics sector, non-essential office-based businesses, indoor malls and shopping centers).
- Day Camps
- Fitness Facilities/Gymnasiums
- Museums (e.g. museums; galleries; botanical gardens; outdoor zoo, aquarium, and other similar exhibition spaces)
- Personal Care Establishments (e.g. hair salons, nail salons, barbershops, skin care, tattoo parlors, massage therapy, etc.)
- Vehicle-Based Parades
To view the full County Health Order, please see the attached.
The City of La Canada Flintridge continues to support the directives issued by DPH and encourages all of our residents to comply with the social (physical) distancing measures and the use of face coverings whenever interacting with persons outside of your personal household.
A special e-mail address has been established to respond to concerns or questions from the community regarding the City’s response to the current crisis. Please feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com and the City will respond to you.