On Thursday, November 19, 2020, the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health (DPH) issued a revision to the “Safer at Work and in the Community for Control of COVID-19” Health Order. The revised order reimposes various restrictions and implements tighter measures to safeguard the community from further COVID-19 spread:
- Non-essential businesses permitted to operate indoors (e.g. retail stores, offices, personal care services) are limited to 25% maximum occupancy.
- Essential office-based businesses that are open for indoor operations must limit indoor capacity to 25% of the maximum occupancy. This does not apply to healthcare operations essential infrastructure, and essential government functions.
- Outdoor restaurants, breweries and wineries are limited to 50% maximum occupancy.
- Personal care establishments may be provided through appointments only. Customers and staff must wear face coverings. Services that require either the customer or staff to remove their face covering (e.g. facials, shaves, etc.) are not permitted. Food and drinks cannot be served to customers at these establishments.
- Restaurants, breweries, wineries, bars, and all other non-essential retail establishments must close from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. These businesses may stay open for drive-thru, delivery, or curbside pick-up during the required closed hours.
- Outdoor gatherings are the only gatherings permitted. They must only include 15 people maximum who are members of no more than (3) three households.
To view the full County Health Order, please see the attached.
The City of La Canada Flintridge continues to support the directives issued by DPH and encourages all of our residents to comply with the social (physical) distancing measures and the use of face coverings whenever interacting with persons outside of your personal household.
A special e-mail address has been established to respond to concerns or questions from the community regarding the City’s response to the current crisis. Please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and the City will respond to you.