In order to do our part in reducing the opportunities for transmission of the COVID-19 coronavirus, effective Thursday, March 19 and through March 31, 2020 (subject to further extension), the City of La Canada Flintridge will be implementing the following measures:
- City Hall will be closed to walk-in traffic by the general public;
- Appointments can be scheduled with City staff so that our residents, businesses and public may continue their business transactions with the City;
- Residents and businesses are encouraged to use the City’s online portal “ConnectLCF” in order to conduct most business transactions with the City. The portal can be found on the City’s website at www.cityoflcf.org;
- No public events are currently planned, however, all private events open to the public of 50 or more people should be cancelled. For events of less than 50 people, social distancing, hand/washing facilities, signage discouraging those who are sick from attending, and frequent cleaning and disinfecting is mandated;
- Pursuant to the Los Angeles County Public Health Department’s March 16 order, the Lanterman Auditorium has been closed and all previously scheduled events have been cancelled;
- The City’s skate park is also closed and will remain closed throughout the duration of the LCUSD school closures;
- Regular City Council and Commission meetings will continue to be held, however, only so long as there are essential business items to be considered and acted upon. Non-essential meetings will be cancelled. Please check the City’s website for agendas and notices of cancellations. For meetings that are held, in order to encourage and maintain social distancing at these meetings, we encourage the interested public to participate electronically rather than physically attend. Each posted agenda will contain information on how to participate electronically. Physical attendance is permitted so long as social distancing is maintained;
- In accordance with the Los Angeles County Public Health Department’s March 16 order, all bars and pubs (that don’t serve food), fitness centers, gyms, movie theaters, auditoriums, should already be closed to the public. Restaurants can maintain operations provided food service is via take-out, drive-thru or delivery only. For complaints, please contact the Crescenta Valley Sheriff’s Station at (818) 248-3464;
- “Thank you” to our local Gelson’s Market for making “Seniors Only” shopping available to seniors (65+) daily from 7 a.m. to 8 m.
- A special e-mail address has been established to respond to concerns or questions from the community regarding the City’s response to the current crisis. Please feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com and the City will respond to.
Additional information and updates to this Alert will be posted periodically to the City’s website.
Here is a list of City services which can be done completely online:
Building and Safety Permits (INCLUDES ONLINE PAYMENT) – Visit ConnectLCF Portal
Planning Entitlement Cases(INCLUDES ONLINE PAYMENT) – Visit ConnectLCF Portal
Public Works Permits (except Transportation Permit) (INCLUDES ONLINE PAYMENT) – Visit ConnectLCF Portal
Contact Forms for all departments (visit department pages)