The Battle of the Bands is a unique and exciting opportunity to support the artistic and musical expression of the students of La Cañada Flintridge. Hosted by the La Cañada Flintridge Youth Council, this signature event is meant to encourage youth interest in creative and meaningful pursuits.
City of La Cañada Flintridge
(818) 790 – 8880
– Application opens November 7, 2022
– Application closes November 21, 2022, 5:00 PM
– Battle of the Bands band arrival December 1, 2022, 3:00 PM
– Battle of the Bands equipment pickup December 1, 2022, 8:30 PM – 10:00 PM
Why Apply to Perform?
Bands will compete for a spot in next summer’s highly-attended “Music in the Park” concert series at Memorial Park. Young musicians will get to enjoy performing in front of their family and friends and also have the opportunity to gather feedback from a panel of judges.
Who Can Apply?
• The event is open to any middle school or high school student in the City of La Cañada Flintridge 12 – 19 years old.
• 50% + 1 of band members must be residents in La Cañada Flintridge or currently attend a school in La Cañada Flintridge.
• Bands must be composed of at least two people.
• Each band will get to play one song. Two songs per band may be allowed depending on how many bands will apply.
• All genres of music are allowed.
• Please read all rules and regulations before applying.
All applications must be submitted online no later than November 21, 2022 at 5:00 PM. Late applications are not accepted.
The application form and waiver are available at: cityoflcf.org
The first ten bands to apply and meet the minimum Rules of Entry and eligibility requirements will be accepted into the Battle of the Bands. Applicants will be notified of their application status by email.
Rules of Entry
1. All songs must be appropriate for family-friendly listening. No songs with profanity or about drug-use, defamatory statements, violence, gang activity, or cult themes. Offensive or objectionable lyrics (as determined at the discretion of the City) will not be accepted.
2. Songs can be original or covers.
3. Bands must be able to arrive 3:00 PM on the day of the event and pick up all equipment by 10:00 PM.
Please see La Cañada Flintridge Battle of the Bands Waiver and Release Agreement form.
Each band will be judged in comparison to other bands. A panel of judges composed of five individuals will judge music based on a set list of criteria.
Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in playing instruments and/or singing
Cohesion: How well the individuals in the band played together
Overall presentation: Level of enthusiasm and musical expression