In conjunction with California State and Los Angeles County orders allowing restricted use of outdoor athletic fields, the City of La Cañada Flintridge will reopen FIS Upper and Lower Fields and Cornishon Field effective Wednesday, August 26, 2020. All County health orders and guidelines will be enforced.
The County recognize the importance of team sports and individual athletic activity for youth development, health and wellbeing. To that end, the County is adopting a staged approach to safe reopening.
Official youth leagues will be able to apply for permits to use the fields for individual skill-building drills. To apply for a permit, contact Christina Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals may also use the field for individual use and need not apply for a permit, but must maintain a signed copy of the individual use protocol with them at all times. The protocol can be downloaded here.
The guidelines for use of athletic fields set forth by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health include:
- Physical distancing of at least six (6) feet between all players and coaches is required at all times.
- Basic COVID-19 screening is required of all youth league participants.
- Contact sports, pick-up games, doubles-play and sporting events of any kind are prohibited at this time.
- Players must bring their own equipment and avoid sharing to the extent possible; where shared equipment is required, it must be disinfected frequently.
- All field users must wear appropriate face coverings at all times.
The complete guidelines can be accessed at PublicHealth.LACounty.gov.
The City urges all individuals to strictly follow health and safety protocols so that the fields can remain open. Violations may be reported to the Sheriff’s Department at (818) 248-3464.