The City of La Cañada Flintridge (zip code 91011) has been included in the State of California’s Earthquake Brace and Bolt (EBB) grant program. As part of the program, residents with homes built before 1980 may be eligible to receive up to $3,000 toward a seismic retrofit through the program. Qualifying homeowners are selected through a random drawing and are notified of their selection or placement on the waiting list.
“We encourage all eligible homeowners to register for the EBB draw as it should assist in mitigating potential damage to your home during an earthquake,” said Mayor Keith Eich. “As this is the first time that LCF has been included in the program in many years, we want to ensure that our residents and homeowners are aware of this opportunity and the benefits it may bring to their homes.”
Homeowners could be eligible to receive this grant if they:
- own and live in the house located in the 91011 zip code;
- own a home that was built before 1980;
- have a house with a raised foundation or crawl space under the house;
- have a house that is built on level ground or a slight slope; and
- have not already completed a “brace and bolt” earthquake retrofit.
For more information on the grant program, its requirements and how to register, visit the Earthquake Brace and Bolt website.